Fun parties that save lives
CanCan puts people into action about their health, giving them tools for early detection, prevention, and self advocacy.
Why Ovarian and Breast Cancer?It’s simple. Ovarian cancer and breast cancer are often genetically linked: having one of these two cancers puts you at a higher risk of developing the other. Be educated on both! CanCan puts on free educational parties, filled with socializing, laughter, camaraderie, and just plain fun. Wherever women gather – workplaces, university campus, mother’s groups, homeless shelters, or churches – CanCan will bring ovarian and breast educators and survivors to spread the word about early detection. A non-medical, fear-free, fun environment is the best environment for learning, even about serious topics. The parties are safe spaces created to encourage questions and sharing about ovarian and breast health.
Host a FREE party!Each party includes:
- A one-hour workshop at no cost to you or your organization
- A health instructor to discuss ovarian and breast cancer risk factors, family history, signs and symptoms, screening methods, early detection, role of nutrition and exercise, and cancer myths
- An ovarian or breast cancer survivor to share her journey
- A comfortable setting where you can get all of your questions answered
CanCan Party Takeaways:
- Learn what you can do to be your own best advocate in the areas of early detection and prevention
- Assess your cancer risk and learn the role genetics play in ovarian and breast cancer, including BRCA 1&2
- Leave the workshop educated and empowered to be proactive about your health