Understand your treatment
Your oncologist will discuss treatment options with you at length, and it’s a good idea to bring someone else to the appointment to take notes and help you remember everything. You may want to do your own research, which in turn may lead you to additional questions for your doctor.
It’s important to make sure you understand everything that’s happening. Ask all the questions and take all the time you need as you learn about your treatment options. Here are some resources that may help:
- The American Cancer Society describes ovarian cancer treatment options in detail.
- The National Cancer Institute offers in-depth information on treatment, broken down by various types of ovarian cancer:
- Treatment for ovarian epithelial, Fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancer
- Treatment for ovarian germ cell tumors
- Treatment for ovarian low malignant potential tumors
GET MORE RESOURCES
Find more information, and draw on the strength and support of the community, by getting in touch with local and national cancer groups.